I have been a long time fan of all body scrubs! I’ve been making my own for years, so I’m sharing another exfoliating DIY Sugar Body Scrub with you using citrus essential oils. Body scrubs, whether made with sugar or salt are SO easy to make!
I’ve created a free printable label for easy homemade gift ideas! Keep reading for your free download.
Now I will admit that I also still purchase one from Trader Joe’s because it’s only $5.99! Such a great deal! If you’ve ever shopped for a body scrub, they can cost between $15-$20! But theirs only comes in lavender, which I like, but sometimes I want a different scent, so I make my own!
DIY Sugar Body Scrub
Homemade body scrubs make it easy to moisturize your skin. It also speeds up the morning routine because you can skip putting on lotion after your shower. Your skin is ready for the day!
People are always so surprised how easy it is to make this homemade spa treatment.
How to Make a Homemade DIY Sugar Body Scrub
Affiliate links for products listed are for your convenience only. This costs you nothing extra. If you happen to purchase anything as a result of clicking, TCL will receive a small percentage. Thank you for your support. This allows me to continue to offer you free content.
- In a medium bowl, measure out equal parts sugar and coconut oil. I usually do one cup each.
- If you also want to add a little almond oil, (like 2 tablespoons), you may need to add another 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Add about 15-20 drops total of your oils. I know that sounds like a lot, but if you want it to leave a scent on your skin, it takes that amount. If you feel like you want more or less scent, adjust your amount.
- Stir: I’ve done this a couple of ways. I’ve used a hand mixture or a wooden spoon. Both work great. You want to mix it so it’s completely blended.
- Don’t heat it because the melted coconut oil will melt the sugar.
- Place in secure airtight container. I always use a plastic container in the shower. I use a glass jar with the free printable tag for gifts.
How to Use Body Scrubs
- Shower and clean yourself as usual.
- Before exiting, take a small handful at a time and rub in a circular motion all over your body. Avoid your eyes, bottom of your feet and private areas.
- Rinse with hot water making sure to get all the grit from the sugar or salt off.
- Because this can make the shower floor slick, I squirt a bit of shampoo on the shower floor and swirl around, allowing the suds to capture any leftover oils.
- Once you’ve stepped out of the shower, pat dry, don’t rub with your towel.
You’ll feel moisturized with your new homemade DIY sugar body scrub.
These make a great homemade hand scrub too. Like my Garden Hand Scrub, it makes cleaning up garden hands or greasy hands easy!
Here’s a free printable label.
I used a 2 1/2 inch circle punch, but you also just cut each one with scissors. I made them large enough to fit the average lid of a mason jar. You can also make them into a sticker like I did for this homemade pumpkin pie spice recipe.
I love the botanical lemons label for this Homemade Citrus DIY Sugar Body Scrub!
Homemade Body Scrub Recipes
Powered by WPeMatico